The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) officially launched its year-end campaign this week. The campaign, symbolically named “Shine a Light on Obesity,” encourages us to consider making a year-end, tax-deductible donation that invests in awareness. When you donate to the OAC, you are bringing important issues to light and drawing attention to the OAC’s efforts in these areas.
CLICK HERE to Donate or learn more about the OAC’s “Shine a Light” Campaign.
Why Issues in Obesity Need “Light”
Awareness of obesity itself is not issue we are trying to change. We are focusing on the other issues that surround obesity. These include:
- Weight bias that is hurtful and harmful
- A lack of quality obesity education
- Limited access to healthcare
People affected by obesity face challenges like the ones above every day. Obesity is chronic and complex, but it often isn’t taken as seriously as other diseases. Likewise, people who have it often aren’t treated with the same level of care or respect.
Shine a Light on Obesity and Decorate the OAC National Office!
When you donate to the OAC’s “Shine a Light” Campaign, you will help us bring more attention to these issues in 2020. You will also help the OAC decorate its National Office! Here’s how it works:
- Make a tax-deductible donation of ANY amount to the OAC’s year-end “Shine a Light” campaign.
- Tell us what issue(s) in obesity you hope to Shine a Light on.
- In return, the OAC will hang a light with your name on it in our office for the holidays.