Obesity Care Week 2021 (#OCW2021) is here!
The Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) is proud to be a Founding Champion of OCW and support this important Annual awareness week, taking place from Feb. 28 – March 6, 2021. #OCW2021 is being supported by more than 60 countries worldwide and more than 75 healthcare-focused organizations.
Obesity Care Week has a global vision for a society that understands, respects and accepts the complexities of obesity and values science and clinically-based care. #OCW2021 will have different focus days to raise awareness of topics such as weight bias, obesity treatment and prevention, access to care and childhood obesity. These focus days are meant to share science-based education, break weight stigma and advocate to make the world a better place for individuals living with obesity.
Here is the #OCW2021 rundown:
- February 28: Launch Day
- March 1: Weight Bias
- March 2: Obesity Treatment & Prevention
- March 3: Access to Care
- March 4: World Obesity Day
- March 5: Childhood Obesity
- March 6: “I Care” Day
In addition to elevating these key issues and encouraging dialogue, #OCW2021 will also encourage individuals to take action on three important issues:
- Improving access to obesity care under Medicare through the passage and implantation of the Treat and Reduce Obesity Act
- Raising awareness of obesity issues within President Joe Biden’s Administration
- Humanizing obesity through OCW’s “I Care” Day
Please join the OAC in supporting this annual awareness week that aims to change the way we care about obesity! If you are interested in learning more about how you can get involved, sign-up for OCW alerts and visit ObesityCareWeek.org. Don’t forget to use and follow #OCW2021 on social media!
Throughout #OCW2021, the OAC will be sharing various ways that you can join us in supporting this campaign. There will be opportunities to take action, engage in meaningful dialogue, share education, share your stories, and more! We’ll post updates to the OAC Newsroom, our Blog, Action Center, social media, action emails, and other places where you stay connected to the OAC.
Obesity Care Week is led by the Obesity Action Coalition, The Obesity Society, the STOP Obesity Alliance, the Obesity Medicine Association, and the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery. The Campaign is supported by its Partners, Champions, and individuals wanting to change the way society cares about obesity.
Help Us Spread the Word about #OCW2021!
- Tweet this! Obesity Care Week 2021 is here & I am proud to support it! Join me by signing-up for OCW alerts and learn how you can get involved! #OCW2021 @ObesityCareWeek ObesityCareWeek.org/ocw-alerts
- Tweet this! It’s time to change the way we care about obesity. Join me in supporting #OCW2021 ObesityCareWeek.org/ocw-alerts @ObesityCareWeek
- Tweet this! This week, help me bring the topic of obesity to the forefront! Join me in supporting #OCW2021 @ObesityCareWeek ObesityCareWeek.org/ocw-alerts