Today, there are more than 14.4 million US children and teens that are affected by or have obesity. The OAC recognizes that childhood obesity can be a sensitive and complex topic to navigate, which is why we’ve developed a toolbox of resources to help children and families on their unique health journeys.
In recognition of National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month, we have put together a collection of valuable resources to help parents, caregivers, and children navigate the complex landscape of obesity. Here, you will find resources to help you understand the physical and emotional effects of childhood obesity as well as how to deal with the bullying and harassment that too often occurs.
Throughout the month of September, we’re making all of the following resources available to everyone free of cost, (but you can access them and much more year-round with a Premium Access Membership for only $25 per year). We encourage you to view and share these important OAC resources to learn more about childhood obesity and ways to promote health and wellness in our families.
- Kid’s Corner: 10 Low or No-Cost Ideas for Families to Stay Active All Summer Long
- Kid’s Corner: Building Family Goals for Your Children
- Kid’s Corner: Weight-Based Bullying in Children
- Kid’s Corner: Navigating Fast Food with Children
- Dear Doctor: What Does BMI Percentile Mean for My Child?
- Kid’s Corner: Food, Nutrition and Energy in Children
- Kid’s Corner: Picky Eaters No More!
- (Stop Weight Bias) Childhood Obesity PSA
- Fresh Perspectives: Childhood Obesity Awareness Month with Faith Newsome
- Health Talks: Helping Your Child Who Has Challenges with Weight with Dr. Aaron Kelly
- Nikki Massie and Dr. Stanford for Obesity Care Week
- (Stop Weight Bias) Faith’s Story
- (Stop Weight Bias) Melinda’s Story
- (Stop Weight Bias) Mckinzie’s Story
- Interview with Dr. Allen Browne
- Liz Paul’s Perspective
- Nikkie Massie’s Perspective
Together, Let’s Elevate Our Voices.
Our commitment to providing essential education wouldn’t be possible without the support of individuals like you. By donating to the OAC, you directly contribute to the creation of these resources and help us reach even more families in need.
Join us in making a positive impact on the lives of children and families by ensuring they have the tools and knowledge they need to thrive. Explore our resources and consider making a donation to support our ongoing efforts.