It’s Time to Change the Way We Care.
Obesity Care Week (March 1-7, 2020) has arrived!
The OAC is once again proud to be a Founding Champion of this important awareness campaign alongside other organizations and supporters across the country. We share in the belief that obesity is a chronic, complex disease affecting more than 650 million people globally.
This is why together, we must change the way we care and ensure that people with obesity have access to comprehensive healthcare and support.
To learn more about OCW, visit ObesityCareWeek.org.
What to Expect this Week
This week, the OAC will share ways that you can support OCW and make a difference on key issues impacting people with obesity. CLICK HERE to sign up for OCW Alerts!
Each day of OCW will focus on something different:
- March 1 – Launch Day
- March 2 – Weight Bias Day
- March 3 – Obesity Treatment Day
- March 4 – World Obesity Day
- March 5 – Access to Care Day
- March 6 – Childhood Obesity Day
- March 7 – “I Care” Day
The OAC will also share important messaging and valuable resources to support this campaign and spread awareness. Watch for updates on the OAC Blog, social media and email alerts!
Join the Conversation
We encourage you to join the conversation during Obesity Care Week and talk about key issues affecting people with obesity. Here’s how you can do it:
- CLICK HERE to add an OCW Facebook frame to your profile picture and generate some buzz
- Engage with our social media pages and use #OCW2020 in any posts or comments you share
- Join conversations about the issues in the OAC Community Discussion Forum
- Share your story about obesity and related topics to the OAC’s story-sharing platform
Thank you for helping the OAC support Obesity Care Week to change the way we care about obesity!