Back in February, the OAC announced that our 2021 Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO will once again be transformed to YWM2021-VIRTUAL! As plans for this year’s Convention continue to move full steam ahead, we can finally share that the Program Agenda is released and ready to view!
YWM2021-VIRTUAL: Embracing Change. Moving Forward. Recharging Your Health.
YWM2021-VIRTUAL is all about embracing change, adapting, and offering the best weight/health education, strategies, and practical tools for your health journey. This unique virtual event series navigates complex weight management topics in an easy-to-understand format at your fingertips on a virtual platform!
We are promising another incredible speaker lineup with sessions that range from exercise and nutrition to mental health, COVID-19 and obesity, and weight management options.
Here are just some of the sessions on this year’s Program Agenda:
- Remaining Resilient in Restless Times through Habits, Health and Healing | Presented by Merrill Littleberry, LCSW, LCDC, CCM, CI-CPT
- Diet is a Noun, Not a Verb – Eating for Your Health | Presented by Cassie Story, RDN; and Laura Andromalos, MS, RD, CSOWM, CDE
- The Regulation of Body Weight: “Leaning” on the Science | Presented by Daniel Bessesen, MD
- Fact Check: COVID-19, Obesity and What You Can Do | Presented by Donna Ryan, MD
- From Stigma to Care: Navigating Obesity in Children and Families | Presented by Ted Kyle, RPh, MBA; and Allen Browne, MD, FACS, FAAP
To view the complete Program Agenda and schedule, click here.
YWM2021-VIRTUAL also marks 10 incredible years of OAC hosting its Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO. For 10 years, since 2012, our annual Convention has provided a one-of-a-kind, immersive educational experience that offers attendees the opportunity to invest in their health and get the tools they need to manage their health and weight. From in-person meetings to our first virtual meeting in 2020, Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO is designed to bring together all individuals who struggle or are concerned with weight-related issues and provide them with science-based education, practical tips, and support to manage their journey with weight.