The OAC is setting sail for its 2019 Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO, arriving in Tampa August 1-3. Without a doubt, this year’s event is sure to ignite a new wave of energy for Florida-bound attendees as Tampa is home to the OAC’s national headquarters!
Convention: An Overview
OAC’s Your Weight Matters Convention & EXPO is dedicated to providing REAL education on popular weight and health topics, connecting REAL people and offering REAL support for anyone on their wellness journey. We know that weight management is challenging and complex in many ways, but our Convention is a safe space to dive in and find what you need.
The entire weekend provides you with the right tools to be successful on your journey with weight. From our comprehensive educational Program Agenda presented by leading industry experts to energizing social events, exercise demonstrations and more, you won’t find anywhere else that equips and empowers you to take charge of your health in your own way.
Key YWM2019 Features
If you’ve never been to OAC’s Convention & EXPO, you have to join us in Tampa! This isn’t your everyday weight-loss conference offering gimmicky products and advice. It’s truly an experience that attendees say rejuvenates them each year. Here’s what you can expect:
Science-based, Research-backed Education
We handpick experts across the industry to tackle your questions and concerns relating to weight – including researchers, medical doctors, dietitians, exercise physiologists, psychologists and more. Expect to find practical and relatable insight on a variety of hot topics including:
- Understanding What Drives Hunger: The Connection between Your Brain and Appetite – presented by Carl Roberts, PhD, MRes, BSc
- Exercise: How Much Does it Really Take? – presented by Tim Church, MD, MPH, PhD
- Using Your Values to Empower Healthy Change with Acceptance-based Therapy – presented by Jason Lillis, PhD
- And much more! CLICK HERE to see the full YWM2019 Program Agenda.
PLUS – if you’re a healthcare professional, network with others in your field and potentially earn up to 18 CE credits! CLICK HERE to learn more.
People You Can Relate to and Connect With
Each year, new and returning attendees make connections to last a lifetime. Immerse yourself in a unique and supportive community that welcomes individuals of all backgrounds, journeys and health paths. We share in your challenges, we get the struggle and we want to celebrate your successes with you. We believe engaging with REAL people and finding REAL support makes a pivotal difference in reaching health goals.
A Chance to Try Something New
- Try a new energizing workout as part of our Exercise Program for all skill levels.
- Dance with a new friend at our Welcoming Ceremonies Dinner.
- Sample a new product in our diverse EXPO Hall.
- Talk one-on-one with an industry expert about your questions and/or experiences relating to weight/health in our small group roundtable topics.
- If you’ve never been to Tampa or Florida before, venture out to explore the surrounding city downtown and soak in the summer sunshine!
A “Reset” Button that We All Need Sometimes
No matter where you are with weight, we can all use a rejuvenating “reset” button every so often to keep pressing forward.
Discover a fresh wave of motivation, a new sense of empowerment and an uplifting community of people who BELIEVE in your journey. Get the tools you need to navigate it and walk away from the weekend ready to tackle your next ambition.
Make Your Plans to Attend
More details and information about YWM2019 can be found at YWMConvention.com. Early-bird registration discounts and fantastic OAC Room Block rates are currently available to help you make your travel plans. Take advantage of these limited-time savings now!