If you are living with obesity, it is important to remember that you are not alone in your journey. According to the World Health Organization, over 650 million adults worldwide are fighting obesity. As a chronic disease, obesity requires a deep understanding of its underlying factors, lifestyle modifications, and shared decision-making with your healthcare professional.
The problem is, it can be hard to find reliable answers, support groups, and accurate, patient-friendly resources about obesity online. A typical search brings up countless websites that are inaccurate and unhelpful.
That’s why the American Association of Clinical Endocrinology (AACE) created the AACE Journey for Patients With Obesity. No matter where you are in pursuing your personal health goals, you’ll find practical obesity information that has been vetted by medical experts. Using patient-friendly language, this resource is your roadmap for up-to-date information and tools to navigate your diagnosis, treatment plan, and wellness goals no matter where you are in your personal journey.
Check out the AACE Journey for Patients With Obesity to learn about these and other topics:
- What questions to ask your health care professional about your weight, life circumstances, obesity treatment options, and more
- The various factors that cause obesity (hint: it’s not a character flaw — it’s a chronic disease)
- Addressing weight-related stigma and bias
- How healthcare professionals diagnose obesity
- Setting realistic weight-management goals
- The wide range of treatment options available today, including weight-management medications and obesity surgery
- Managing obesity — and ensuring you get the care and support you need — over the course of a lifetime
To learn more about obesity and become your own best and well-informed advocate, be sure to check out the AACE Journey for Patients With Obesity today.