Obesity Action Coalition is a proud Founding Champion of Obesity Care Week (OCW). OCW2023 kicks off today, and we need your support to make an impact. Obesity is a complex, chronic, recurring disease affecting more than 2 billion people globally. Unlike most other diseases, obesity is one that continues to be stigmatized, and in many cases, those impacted struggle to receive adequate care. It’s time to change the way we care for obesity, and OCW2023 provides us the opportunity to demand change.
This week focuses on changing the way we care for – and about – obesity by:
1. Raising awareness about what the disease of obesity is – and isn’t,
2. Providing valuable, science-based resources on weight and health,
3. And creating a more positive and impactful relationship between a patient and their healthcare provider.
Join us in making a difference during OCW2023 by sharing content on social media, participating in this week’s activities and taking action! Sign up now for OCW Alerts to receive the latest resources that will be rolled out this week and to take action in support of this important cause! Follow Obesity Care Week on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn for daily content, and visit ObesityCareWeek.org/resources for information on a variety of topics relating to changing how we care for obesity.
Help Us Spread the Word by Sharing These Sample Social Media Posts:
- Join me in supporting Obesity Care Week! #OCW2023 is here, and you can help make a difference. Visit ObesityCareWeek.org to learn more and get involved!
- I support Obesity Care Week, and you can help too! This week is all about changing the way we care for obesity through education and action. Visit ObesityCareWeek.org to learn more! #OCW2023
- Obesity is a complex, chronic disease affecting more than 2 billion people globally. Now is the time to act! Join me in supporting Obesity Care Week by visiting ObesityCareWeek.org.
Obesity care requires teamwork, and together, we can change the way we care about obesity!