GivingTuesday is an international day of giving where people all over the world donate to charities they love. We love GivingTuesday because it showcases the incredible strength of our OAC Community – a powerful force working to create a world where everyone can access the care, understanding and support they need.
Why GivingTuesday Matters:
GivingTuesday is more than just an occasion to donate. It’s a global movement unleashing the power of people to transform their communities and the world.
As you know, our OAC Staff and Community Members are remarkable changemakers, and this GivingTuesday, we’re highlighting their work, putting our advocacy efforts at the forefront.
From Tuesday, November 28, through Thursday, November 30, we’ll be in Washington, D.C., advocating for improved access to obesity care. We invite you to join us on Facebook and Instagram for an exclusive look at how we’re fighting for change. Here is what to expect this week:
- Live Events: Connect with us in real-time and hear directly from our team!
- Interactive Polls and Questions: Your voice matters in the conversation!
- Behind-the-Scenes Advocacy: Get an insider’s view of our efforts!
How You Can Get Involved:
As you join in on the action, let’s make this week of GivingTuesday a celebration of our strength and Community! Here’s how you can get involved and drive change with us:
- Make a Donation: Give a one-time or recurring gift, and we’ll put your donation immediately to work, expanding the education, advocacy and support initiatives that spread awareness, promote acceptance and ignite change. Better yet, thanks to our generous Board of Directors, all donations will be matched! Any donation given now through the end of 2023 will be DOUBLED, dollar-for-dollar. With your help, we can raise the funds needed to create real, lasting change!
- Start a Social Media Fundraiser: Make this holiday season even more impactful by hosting a fundraiser for the OAC. This is a generous way to celebrate and make a difference by encouraging others to give to the cause of obesity.
- Take #OACAction: Visit the OAC Action Center to report and take action on a variety of current issues in weight bias, access to care and obesity policy. You can also check out our list of “Ongoing Actions” for ways you can help move the OAC’s mission forward year-round.
- Share OAC Education: There is a lot of misinformation out there about obesity, and stigma can prevent others from understanding obesity as a disease. The OAC provides bias-free and science-based education about obesity, its treatments and more. You can share these resources online or order print copies to share in your local community.
- Share your Story: Sharing your story about your experience with obesity helps others understand that it is a complex and chronic disease. Whether you are living with obesity, providing for someone with obesity or are a healthcare provider, your story is a powerful way to humanize our cause and raise awareness. It is also one way to support and empower others who may be struggling.
Double Your Impact:
The Obesity Action Coalition National Board of Directors is challenging the OAC Community to donate to support the OAC. They have committed to matching donations, dollar-for-dollar, throughout the season.
Our year-end fundraising efforts will support a 2024 agenda, building on our incredible momentum, but we can only do it with your support. From now through December 31, you can make a tremendous impact on the OAC Community by making a tax-deductible contribution toward our mission.