Today is Giving Tuesday, an international day of giving where people all over the world donate to charities they love. We love Giving Tuesday because it showcases the strength and power of our members. The OAC Community is the driving force by which we make change happen – whether it’s in our own weight and health journeys, in each other’s lives or for anyone who has ever been affected by obesity.
At OAC, our goal is simple: To make the world a kinder, more inclusive and more equitable place for people affected by obesity. By lending your support to OAC during this season of giving, you’re investing in the organization that is fighting for real transformation.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Make a Donation: Give a one-time or recurring gift, and we’ll put your donation immediately to work, expanding the education, advocacy and support initiatives that spread awareness, promote acceptance and ignite change. Better yet, thanks to our generous Board of Directors, all donations will be matched! Any donation given now through the end of 2022 will be DOUBLED, dollar-for-dollar, up to $10,000. With your help, we can raise $20,000 to create real, lasting change!
- Start a Social Media Fundraiser: Make this holiday season even more impactful by hosting a fundraiser for the OAC. This is a generous way to celebrate and make a difference by encouraging others to give to the cause of obesity.
- Take #OACAction: Visit the OAC Action Center to report and take action on a variety of current issues in weight bias, access to care and obesity policy. You can also check out our list of “Ongoing Actions” for ways you can help move the OAC’s mission forward year-round.
- Share OAC Education: There is a lot of misinformation out there about obesity, and stigma can prevent others from understanding obesity as a disease. The OAC provides bias-free and science-based education about obesity, its treatments and more. You can share these resources online or order print copies to share in your local community.
- Share your Story: Sharing your story about your experience with obesity helps others understand that it is a complex and chronic disease. Whether you are living with obesity, providing for someone with obesity or are a healthcare provider, your story is a powerful way to humanize our cause and raise awareness. It is also one way to support and empower others who may be struggling.
Want even more ideas? Check out all of our easy ways to give and find the best way for you to make an impactful difference today!
As always, we are grateful for our Community’s compassion and generosity. Because of your support, we are changing the world for people with obesity. Thank you for making a difference!