Get to Know Us – Tracy Martinez, RN, BSN, CBN
1. How did you become involved with the OAC?
I learned about the OAC when I was introduced to Joe as the new CEO. I knew he would do great things with the coalition. There is no other society of its kind, and the need for all affected is great.
2. Have you personally dealt with obesity, and if so, how has it impacted your life?
I haven’t been personally affected by obesity: however, I see the burden of this disease daily in my nursing practice
3. What is your favorite part about being a board member of the OAC?
I love being a voice for the individual who is affected and the opportunity to educated others who don’t understand this disease.
4. Why is the OAC valuable in advocating for obesity awareness?
The OAC addresses all aspects of obesity including the physical ,medical, emotional and economical all focused on education and advocacy for the patient.
5. What is one goal that you want to accomplish as a board member?
To have medical professionals understand the pathophysiology of obesity and offer valuable guidance.
6. What is your favorite film?
7. What is your fondest memory from this past year?
Witnessing the growth of the patient convention.
8. If you could’ve had any career other than your current one, what would it have been?
Malpractice defense attorney
9. What is your favorite place to vacation?
10. What is your most prized possession?
A crucifix my great, great grandmother brought with her when she immigrated to this country.
Have a Question or Comment for Tracy?
If you have a question or comment for Tracy, simply enter your question in the below “Comment” box.