- Have you wondered who else makes up the OAC Community?
- Do you want to meet and connect with other OAC Community Members who share similar interests and experiences?
- Are you looking for thought-provoking discussion, weight and health education, support, OAC engagement opportunities and more?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you’ll be happy to learn about a NEW feature of the OAC Community that connects members one-on-one with each other. The OAC is excited to announce the launch of our highly-anticipated Community Member Discussion Forum!
Why Connections Make a Difference
Obesity is not only misunderstood, but can be very challenging to deal with. For many of us, it’s a part of our lives that makes us feel different or alone. Some of us have obesity ourselves. Others care for loved ones or patients who struggle with obesity. But no matter how we’re connected to the cause, connecting with each other is even more important. It allows us to:
- EDUCATE about obesity and its causes, treatments and necessary care.
- IDENTIFY with others and know we’re not alone.
- EMPOWER each other, spread hope and support our health journeys.
- CREATE a space for others to be listened to and understood.
- CHANGE how obesity is perceived and treated.
Start Connecting Today in the NEW OAC Community Discussion Forum
The OAC’s NEW Discussion Forum is a feature of the OAC Community where members can share what’s on their mind and connect with each other. It’s a private, safe and welcoming space where you can find support for your health journey, support others, share weight and health education and come together with like-minded people! Using this active online platform, you can:
- Introduce yourself and get to know other members.
- Share your personal thoughts, perspectives and experiences.
- Talk about important topics relating to obesity.
- Stay informed with OAC Community updates.
How to Get Started:
- To use the Forum, you must first be a registered OAC Community Member. There is no cost to become a member of the OAC Community. If you haven’t signed-up yet, CLICK HERE to join!
- Next, visit: Forum.ObesityAction.org and log-in using your OAC Community account information. If you don’t have a login yet, follow the easy steps on the Community log-in page to set up your free online account.
- Once you’re in the Forum, start by customizing your user profile. There are helpful instructions in the Welcome post of the Forum to walk you through this process of making it your own.
- Now you can join existing conversations or start your own!
- Bookmark the Forum on your web browser so you can check back often for new conversations from fellow members.