Tweet Chat Details:
- Who: Co-hosted by Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) and OBSM (Obesity Social Media) – Follow @ObesityAction and @obsmchat on Twitter
- Topic: Coping During the Age of COVID-19
- When: April 7th at 8:00 pm EST
- How to Participate: Follow the #obsm hashtag on Twitter and add it to your posts
For weeks, we’ve all been paying close attention to COVID-19 (Coronavirus). The spread of the virus has changed life across America and around the world. You’re definitely not alone if you’re facing some challenges!
With “social distancing,” more of us are working from home or are unemployed. Many of us are working on the front lines. We’re also limited in who we can see and what we can do. Your daily routine might look a lot different than before, so it’s normal if this is throwing you off.
You might also be feeling some difficult emotions: confusion, anxiety, grief, etc. That’s why it’s so important to stay connected and find meaningful ways of coping.
Let’s Talk about Coping with COVID-19 and Finding Balance
OAC has partnered with OBSM (Obesity Social Media) to co-host a Tweet Chat on April 7 at 8 pm EST about coping with the impacts of COVID-19 and how we can work on physical, mental and emotional well-being during these times.
EVERYONE is encouraged to join! This Tweet Chat is for you if you want to stay connected, prioritize self-care and get coping tips and resources. It’s also a great opportunity for healthcare providers wanting to help their patients.
The Tweet Chat will feature these questions:
1) What unique challenges might COVID-19 be presenting to people affected by obesity or who are struggling with their weight? #obsm
2) Staying informed about COVID-19 is important, but news/social media coverage can be overwhelming and stressful. How are you coping? Any tips? #obsm
3) What are some useful resources during this time? (staying informed, staying healthy, coping, etc.) #obsm
4) What are some acts of self-care you are taking part in? #obsm
5) Share something positive that is happening in your life right now or something you are looking forward to. #obsm