Weight bias is one of the last socially-accepted forms of discrimination, with fat-shaming being one of the most prevalent forms of weight bias today. Through Ban the F Word, the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) is taking a stand to say, “It’s time to end the shame!” People are more than one word, and in recognition of this, it’s time to start seeing the person for the many things that make them into who they are – and not just the word “fat.”
Since the our inception 10 years ago, we have been working to put a stop to weight bias and fat-shaming. The OAC envisions a world free of weight bias, and we need YOU to join us in the Ban the F Word movement to END FAT-SHAMING! Only with YOUR SUPPORT can we end fat-shaming, and only TOGETHER will we eradicate weight bias forever.
Help us inform others about Ban the F Word and our goal of a world free of fat-shaming and weight bias by clicking on the badge below and claiming your Ban the F Word banner template (Adobe Acrobat Reader required).
Using the template, create your own personalized banner to show your friends and followers that you’re more than one word, and that one word doesn’t define you. You are a variety of things made up into one human being, and it’s time to show that to the world!
How to create your own Ban the F Word Banner:
What you’ll need:
• Printer Paper
• Something to write with (pens, markers, etc.)
• A smartphone/camera and a social media account (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, etc.)
• Your creativity and passion for the cause!
• Print off the banner (Note: Adobe Acrobat Reader required).
• Cut on the dotted lines to create your banner.
• On the banner, write down any words that describe you (examples: Strong, Courageous, Brave, etc.)
• Snap a photo of yourself with your banner and post it to social media using the hashtag #BantheFWord.
Don’t have a printer? You can still create your own banner using your own paper, writing utensils and a similar design to the PDF template.
Haven’t signed the petition yet?
Other ways you can show your support:
By sharing your photo and/or story with the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) for the Ban the F Word movement, you are hereby granting the OAC the right to use your image/story and likeness for OAC marketing purposes. The OAC will exercise discretion and will adhere to our People-First policy in regards to editing, production, and distribution of all imagery/copy.